Ghana Draw Portugal: Complete Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup Draw
The 2022 World Cup is taking place in Qatar in the winter months rather than the usual summer ones, due to the heat.
The tournament kicks off on Monday, November 21 at the Al Bayt stadium in Al Khor when hosts Qatar take on Ecuador at the Al Bayt Stadium.
England will also feature on the first day with their Group B match against Iran scheduled to take place just eight days after the Premier League shuts down.
Were either Wales or Scotland to reach the finals via the play-offs, they would play England on November 28 in Group B.
The final will be played at the Lusail Stadium in Doha a week before Christmas on Sunday, December 18.
29 of the 32 nations who will appear at the tournament are now known.
As hosts, Qatar received automatic qualification to next year’s tournament.
Four-time World Cup winners Germany were the first team to guarantee a spot through the qualification process in Europe, while Brazil – the most successful national team in World Cup history with five trophies – secured swift qualification as one of the top four teams in South America’s groups.
England secured their place in November by topping their qualifying group.
The Complete World Cup group draw
- Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
- Group B: England, Iran, USA, Scotland/Wales/Ukraine*
- Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
- Group D: France, UAE/Peru/Australia*, Denmark, Tunisia
- Group E: Spain, Costa Rica/New Zealand*, Germany, Japan
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
- Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon
- Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea