How To Create A New WhatsApp Channel
Meta has announced the launch of WhatsApp Channels, a new private way to receive important updates from people and organizations, right within WhatsApp.
The new feature will roll out to over 150 countries to bring private updates from organizations, sports teams, artists, and thought leaders that users can follow.
In a statement, Meta said: “Our goal is to build the most private broadcast service available. Channels are separate from your chats, and who you choose to follow is not visible to other followers. We also protect the personal information of both admins and followers.”
WhatsApp channels which initially started in ten countries is expanding globally.
Meta said it will continue to add more features and expand Channels based on feedback received.
How To Create A WhatsApp Channel:
Creating a Channel on Android:
Open WhatsApp: Navigate to the ‘Updates’ tab.
Create: Tap the menu icon, and select ‘New channel.’
Get Started: Follow the onscreen prompts.
Name & Customize: Add a name for your channel. Optional customization includes adding a description and an icon.
Creating a Channel on iPhone:
Open WhatsApp: Go to the ‘Updates’ tab.
Create: Tap the menu icon, and choose ‘Create Channel.’
Get Started: Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Name & Customize: Add a channel name, and, optionally, a description and an icon.
- Open WhatsApp Web, and go to Channels by clicking the Channels icon
> Create a channel.
- Click Continue and continue through the onscreen prompts.
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel. You can choose to change the name again at any time.
- Customize your channel: You can choose to customize your channel now by adding a description and icon or wait until later.
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers understand what your channel is about.
- Add a channel icon: Add an image from your phone or the web to stand out.
- Click Create channel, and you’re done!