Nigerian artiste, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, aka MohBad Dies At 27
A former Marlian record signee, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, aka MohBad has reportedly died on Tuesday at the age of 27. 907">
Music executive Ovie shared the sad news on his X page #Ovieo on Tuesday evening.
“Confirmed. MohBad is dead. Sad, sad day,” he tweeted.
Also, Nigerian rapper, Olamide Adedeji, popularly known as Olamide shared a cryptic message on his X handle.
Damn! Mohbad (sic)” In another tweet, Olamide posted, “This life (sic)”
An old video of Bella Shmurda saying Mohbad was battling mental health issues recently resurfaced online minutes after the reported death of the singer.
Some of the popular songs of the singer include KPK, Peace, Komajesun, Pariwo, and many more.
Information on the cause of his death and where he died as of the time of filling this report was sketchy.
Here are 10 things to know about him:
1. Mohbad was born in Lagos on June 8, 1996.
2. He was a Nigerian rapper, singer, and songwriter from Lagos.
3. He completed his primary and secondary school education in Lagos.
4. He was considered one of the rising stars in the Nigerian music industry, as his fan base continued to grow.
5. He was formerly signed to Naira Marley’s “Marlian Records” but left the label in 2022.
6. He released his debut album, Light EP, in the fourth quarter of 2020 as a follow-up to his viral song “Ponmo,” which featured Naira Marley and Lil Kesh.
7. He was best known for his hit singles Ponmo, Feel Good, and Ko Por Ke with Rexxie which was nominated three times for The Headies Awards 2022.
8. Mohbad had collaborated with several artists including Davido, Zlatan, Oladips, Small Doctor, Lil Kesh, Bella Shmurda, and Lil Frosh amongst others.
9. Mohbad was known for his streetwise and relatable lyrics that often touch on everyday life and experiences.
10. Bella Shmurda once said he was battling mental health.